TO REQUEST A BURN PERMIT
Please read the following information and fill out the form below
Burning permits are issued within Byron Township if the weather conditions are safe for burning and as long as the location exceeds 50 ft. from any other structure or combustible material. Permits are valid from sunrise to sunset only.
Burn permits will be issued to burn the following items only:
Burn permits are NOT required for:
- Recreational campfires
- Household paper materials that do not contain plastic, rubber, foam, or textiles. Must be burned in a container constructed of metal or masonry, with a covering device having openings no larger than 1/2 of an inch.
Items that are NOT permitted to be burned:
- Leaves or grass clippings
- Construction and Demolition waste
- Cardboard and office paper
- Hazardous Substances
- Automotive parts
- Furniture / Appliances
- Household trash that contains plastic, rubber, foam, chemically treated wood, textiles, electronics, chemicals or hazardous materials
- Sky Lanterns (IFC 2015)
Revocation of permit:
The fire chief or his designated representative may revoke any written or verbal permit issued at any time atmospheric conditions, fire danger levels or other local circumstances make such fires hazardous, environmentally inappropriate, or which are or could be offensive or objectionable due to smoke or odor emissions.
*Fires shall be constantly attended and must have at least (1) extinguishing device or other equipment on scene for immediate utilization, if needed.
For additional information refer to Byron Township Burn Permit Ordinance.